A downloadable game for Windows
Bronze Age is a hybrid city builder / 4X currently. Starting with a small village, your task is to grow it into a thriving city. Managing resource production, defenses, and trade, you can expand your city into a mighty empire.
Cities are the foundation of your empire. The citizens must be fed and housed, and in return they can produce all the resources you'll need. Fail to meet their needs, however, and you may end up with rioters in the streets.
Beyond the basics of resource production, however, you need to consider roads and defenses. Do you spend the time and resources to construct a great wall around your city? Do you rely on your soldiers alone? The streets themselves will become battlefields when you are invaded, so take care when designing them.
I've ceased further development on Bronze Age, see this development log for details.
As your city grows you can start sending some of its citizens out to create new cities. These cities can then be linked together through trade routes, spreading rare resources throughout your empire.
There is one major known issue. Some people have reported graphical problems, this appears to be linked to AMD video cards. If you experience this, try disabling Optimized Tile Drawing from the settings menu.
3.1.2 Compatible Mods
- Twelper Mod - Adds a new faction to play as, with unique mechanics.
- Industrial Age - Converts Bronze Age to an industrial setting, with new maps, factions, and mechanics.
- Historical Overhaul Mod - Adds the Sea-Faring and Mercantile Hellenes, with their own cities and units, 7 new resources, and a retexture of many of the game's graphics.
Issue Tracker - for upcoming features and known bugs
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Post Mortem and What's NextJul 30, 2021
- Stuck in a RutJun 28, 2021
- 3.2.0 Release: Tactical Combat (part 1)May 08, 2021
- 22.214.171.124 and 3.2 UpdateFeb 05, 2021
- Plans - Near Term and Long TermJan 04, 2021
- 3.1.2 Release - Royal CourtDec 17, 2020
- 3.1.1 Release : Shontu and Ghul ReworkSep 25, 2020
- 3.1.1 Preview : Legitmacy and ProvincesAug 24, 2020