1.4 is here, with an overhaul of settlement production logic and trading logic, along with a smattering of tweaks and performance improvements.
New Settlement Production Logic
The "Target Surplus" option is now gone. Instead settlements automatically figure out how much surplus to keep for each resource. Settlements aim to keep 150 turn's worth of production and consumption surplus for each resource. A side effect of this is that settlements will need a lot more storage space than they did previously.
New Trading Logic
Trading has gotten a massive overhaul. Instead of having to micromanage imports and exports, you now set a Export and Import limits. The Tradehouse will automatically determine exports and imports in order to keep surplus Resources at or above the limits.
For example, if you have an Import Limit of 20 for Logs, then the Tradehouse will keep importing logs until the settlement has at least 20 Logs sitting in Storehouses. Likewise and Export Limit of 20 Copper will cause the Tradehouse to export Copper until the target Settlement has at least 20 Copper in its Storehouses.
As part of this, Trade Wagon carrying capacity was doubled to 20 items.
Graphics Mod Support
Bronze Age now supports custom graphics mods. Mods can be enabled and disabled through the new Graphics Mod option in settings. An example mod is provided to serve as a template (replacing the graphics with hideous ASCII). The tilesheet guide is now distributed with Bronze Age as well, inside the Content directory.
Most structures can now be upgraded with Handcarts. These allow the more efficient moving of items. When a citizen is carrying items from a structure, if there is a Handcart available they can use it to carry up to 10 items at once. Each level of the Handcart upgrade makes an additional Handcart available.
- Pig Breeding - A new Breeding Pen structure has been added, which can breed new Pigs as needed by your settlement. You must have at least 2 Pigs to start breeding.
- Empty Storehouses - Storehouses now have an option in Inspect mode to disable item storage. When item storage is disabled your citizens will attempt to empty the Storehouse, moving the items elsewhere. This lets you remove Storehouses without losing the items stored within.
- Full Screen - Bronze Age now loads in full screen mode by default, and can be toggled to windowed mode in Settings.
- Performance improvements around entity simulation and pathing.
- Lots of other small tweaks and fixes.